Skip to content
Antimicrobial Airplane Tray Covers
The Go-Be ‘Destination Design’ Competition
Supports local artists
Helps the environment
Over the next 12 months, Go-Be will be collaborating with local art galleries across the nation to host design competitions for artists in the nation’s hottest travel destinations. The challenge: to design a new, "destination" pattern for Go-Be, the popular antimicrobial airplane tray covers. Through this competition, Go-Be hopes to rally the art world to join our quest to help free the oceans from plastic and eliminate the need for single-use disinfectant wipes.
Submissions are currently being accepted in the following region:
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Open to all local artists with residency in Cape Cod
Deadline: August 20, 2022
Collaborating Sponsor: Trove Art Gallery & Boutique, 129 MA-6A, Orleans, MA 02653
- Designs must heavily reflect the “vibe” of the region. Keep in mind that it must have mass appeal, as these tray sleeves will be sold exclusively at the sponsored shop but also on Go-Be's national website. Our audience is travelers, so think scenes that attract vacation-goers to the area.
- Designs must fit on a 12”x12” sleeve, (But please keep in mind that, when printed, the design will be repeated across a 36”L x 62”W piece of fabric. Therefore, designs must be as fluid and borderless as possible to allow 9 sleeves to be cut from 1 yard. So, for example, floating boats in a harbor, which do not have a defined order or border.)
- Every Winner's sleeve will include their signature, which will be inserted onto the fabric at final stage of printing.
- Winner will receive $500, plus 4 complimentary sleeves, and promotion on all Go-Be and the sponsored shop’s social media platforms.
- The winning entry becomes the sole property of Go-Be. By entering here, you agree to those conditions and waive all rights to the winning design.
- Design initially will be a limited, 100-sleeve run but could later be sold in stores including but not limited to Container Store; Bed, Bath & Beyond; Paper Store; and Hudson News.
- APlease send a JPG or PNG of your artwork. It should be no more than 500KB. (When the winner is decided, we may require a larger file for production.)
- Submissions must be received by midnight on the day of the deadline.
- Upload submissions to the required field in the form.
- Good luck!
Design Submission Form
Please fill in all required fields and upload your design below.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.